If I want to know whether a floppy disk will take the file I want to
save to it I type STAT. If DATAD$  = "flp1_" I can see the total
number of sectors and the number of free sectors. This is useful. It
works with ram1 to ram8, with win1 to win8 and so on. But it does not
give the correct answer for dos1 to dos8 for QPC2. To find out how
much space I have left on, say, a memory stick I have to climb down
to Windows to find the answer. Is this restriction intentional? WSTAT
works perfectly well. It is only SATA that fails.

George