In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Neil Riley
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

>>OK, Neil.
>>If I come across anything like these items I will let you know - as we
>
>>get donations to the London QL and Quanta Group at various times.
>>--
>>Malcolm Cadman
>
>Brilliant !
>
>It just occurs to me that media like Microdrives hasn't a finite
>lifetime and
>unless software is stored on backup devices etc, it can become
>extinct.
>Which makes me wonder what happend to the original developers dev kits
>
>etc.
>
>QL = Earth .... Animals = Microdrives ....... if you see what i mean !

Speaking of Microdrives ... we do have quite a lot of those now.  So, I
must sort them all out, as I also read that Quanta had recently had
quite a demand for them again.

The tapes generally seem to be OK, in terms of lasting a long time, it
is whether the actual drives operate to read them.

--
Malcolm Cadman