John et al,
Very interesting idea. I would like to get something in QLT saying some of us
are trying to summarize, then move forward on, 'Netting for the QL, as near
original as possible w/o super extensive upgrades. I suspect the deadline for a
soon-to-be issue of QLT is past and any such will have to wait a couple months
for the next issue. (No, I don't 100% know what I'm doing/have done in
volunteering to head up such an idea--would I be doing this if I really _knew_
what I was getting myself into?).

This could be what amounts to a regular QLT "department", with differing
contributors from time to time.

And I suspect there are numerous QLers out there who do not use their QLs for
much 'Netting and rely on post/snail mail for many things--such as the printed
QLT. Notification by paper might produce results amongst lurking QLers that
other efforts have not.

Mm-hmm, I'm aware that large efforts have already been expended and milestones
have been reached--e.g. Johnathon Dent's SoQL and Phoebus' three-part series of
articles. However, I don't think anyone really _knows_ we can't go further, and
can't draw old devotees and draw lurkers back to or closer to renewed QL
involvement. Some folk at the QL NA show were saying lack of modern abilities
such as Internet or at least email (which Johnathon's SoQL addresses) is one of
the main stumbling blocks to having some old-line QLers using their QL for much.

Hmm, looks like John is thinking of Quanta and I'm thinking of QLT, but
ultimately that should not be a handicap.

QL Forever,
Doug 37830 USA

Today I have so many emergencies (e.g. family) on my plate I can do little on
the above--but will keep trying to get to it. And as I've said, if you think
I'm nuts ("never voluneer, at least in the army"), do you think I'd volunteer
if I _knew_ what I'm getting myself into? :-) .

And Tony, I haven't had time to open up the case on my floppies to see what
information if any there is on the drive bodies about make, model etc.