In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Dilwyn Jones
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

>> Urs writes:
>>
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> On January 12th 1984 the QL was launched!
>>>
>>> Let's sing "Happy birthday".
>>>
>>> Regards...Urs
>>> http://mypage.bluewin.ch/QLvsJaguar/
>>
>> Just finished singing.
>>
>> Time to start planning the Great 25th QL Anniversary Bash?
>>
>> Per
>Which is only 3 years away...To think I was _only_ 24 when it all
>started...ouch!
>
>The only thing which jars slightly is that Urs celebrates the
>"announcement date", in true Clive style, rather than the
>*availability* date.
>
>And to think that these days he's (Clive, not Urs) more into little
>radios and underwater scooters and bikes than QLs (or any computers I
>guess).

Yes, another birthday ... :-)

The other week I saw the Sinclair C5 being driven by a young man ...
becoming a collectors item, now of some value; and matching the new
green agenda.

Another item of news was that Herman Hauser is one of the backers for a
new development from Cambridge science and technology - plastic based
computer processing.

Herman was a "rival" of Clive Sinclair with the BBC computer, in the
earlier innovative days of UK based computing.

--
Malcolm Cadman