[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:>

>The  hardware interface is the *easy* bit.
>Does anyone have the  expertise/time to write  drivers?

>Tony

The USBwiz-Box derivative is external, plugs into an RS232  connector but
also needs a power connector. Looks as if it can be  driven from a serial port
and can communicate with SD memory cards,  and usb devices like camera and
printers, mice, keyboards. Serial rates  supported 9600 to 921600. Cost $99.95
for
1 down to $79.95 for  500+

If you Tony would help with the connectors & the list would like to  club
together or dare I say Quanta to sponsor someone the $100 US  dollars + postage
we could find out if it will work when driven  through a serial port.

Duncan