----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Firshman" <>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 10:48 PM
Subject: Re: [ql-users] New QUANTA web site launched

> Looks very good.  I though would *never* use mailto: on any site I run -
> invites spam.
> CGI link to  form is infinitely better.  Spammers *will* harvest the
> emails and you cannot change to different email addresses, ever.

Indeed a good site and well worth a look.

Quanta has used "mailto" for years without too many problems. When I was on
the Quanta committee I received very little spam via my Quanta "tag". The
funny thing was I not only got my own spam, but also that for the chairman,
but I only once got his genuine emails. (Pity it would have saved me a lot
of time and expense training moles!),

Best wishes,

Geoff