After a request to copy a microdrive cartridge, I dug my old 1984 QL
out of the attic this morning - it's the only one I have with working
microdrives. As it doesn't get used very often, in fact it's about 2
years since it was last used and it's languished int he attic since, I
didn't really expect it to work first time, thinking the PSU may have
degraded or keyboard dead or something like that.

Surprise surprise, it worked first time. Both microdrives work, the
keyboard works, the Power Supply Unit is working. Dilwyn is very
pleased!

How many other modern consumer goods can be expected to work after
periods of non-use nearly a quarter of a century after they were made!