[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> ... and when analogue is turned off, there will be a country surplus (8-)#
How very true - unless, of course, they are all connected to a
Freeview/FreeSat/Cable or Sky box.

> I have a couple of neat battery powered TVs ....
> However I do object to them being forced into redundancy.
I agree, with all this talk (and that's about all it is, talk) of svaing the
environment aND RECYCLING MORE AND SO ON, WE THEN FIND OURSELVES BEING FORCED
TO BUY NEW KIT TO REPLACE OLD KIT THAT WORKS PERFECTLY WELL (Sorry, caps lock
came on - I'm too lazy to retype that last bit !) and junk the old kit - sounds
very much at odds with what we should be doing.

> Mind you the QLs TV output is terrible. Sinclair found this too, and
> attempted to 'improve' it by shielding mdv1_.
Not as bad as the ZX-81 was, if I remember correctly.

> I know of no way a QL would zap a monitor.  The other way round is
> *very* common (8-)#
Yes, but my knowledge of electronics and what can and cannot be done is very
very limited so while it is possible that the QL might not zap the monitor, I
could equally connect the cable up wrongly and feed 12v up the wrong wire - or
something similar.

A TV will do for testing :o)

Cheers,
Norman.