----- Original Message -----
From: "David Tubbs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2007 2:39 PM
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] West Midlands Workshop

> At 21:47 28/07/2007 +0100, you wrote:
>>Copy Date for the next Quanta Magazine is August 5th. - just about a week
>>away and I hope to have more details regarding the West Midlands "Autumn"
>>Workshop by then.
>
> Atlast something nearer  the center of gravity of the country, how, I
> wonder, does that compare with the CG of members, users & readers ?

I did a survey of Quanta membership in 2004 and identified two areas where
there was a high concentration of members but no workshops. One of these was
the Midlands, especially the southern half, and the other the Bristol/South
Wales area. I estimated that about 68% of Quanta members were within easy
reach of a workshop at least once every two years. If Quanta also organised
workshops in the two areas I identified then the figure would rise to 81%.

Several members thanked me for this survey, but the Quanta committee totally
ignored it,

Best Wishes,

Geoff