----- Original Message -----
From: "John Gilpin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 7:22 PM
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] [ql-users] Repeat message

> The reason for holding our "Summer" Workshop in October is that due to the
> fixed date of the AGM, we were unable to hold the "Summer" during that
> fortnight in April which we all agree was as near to Summer as we're
> likely
> to get this year. This is an OFFICIAL Quanta Policy Decision unless we
> start
> to name our Workshops after the event then study the weather/climatic
> conditions in order to satisfy some purists (mole or otherwise!!) {;-)

Seriously this time John. Why not just "Spring" and "Autumn". Quite a lot of
people like to forget their QLs in the Summer. (Although one enthusiast
takes his QL with him in a camper van so that he can still write for QL
Today!)

Even more seriously I hope everyone will pencil in 6th October in their
diaries. As far as I know this is the first Midlands show for about 10 years
and that one was in the East Midlands not the West Midlands. From all
accounts the West Midlands has an active sub-group although we know little
about them. 6th October is a good chance to get to know them better.

Can you let us have more details, such as times etc.,  ASAP? E.g. post on
this list if the information comes in long before the publication date of
the Quanta Magazine. (Not forgetting that QL Today will need the details for
an issue coming out in mid September.)

At last a show that is easy to get to from the Derby sin bin!

Best Wishes,

Geoff