On 4 Oct 2007, at 14:16, Tony Firshman wrote:

> .. and I challenged him to get to 7500rpm in his Wankel powered car
> when
> driving off.  Did you get to that, Richard?  It sounded very
> impressive
> (and quiet). He bought an OPD monitor off me.

I backed off at 6,500 out of respect to the neighbours and urban
speed limits (it'll hit 35 in 1st) :D It's quiet? I must need a
better exhaust... though I do notice that the engine is silent on the
motorway, you simply can't appreciate it because the tyre and wind
noise is worse than most.

The OPD monitor is working perfectly, too - I need to fix the others.

We won't have the RX8, I'll either have the latest addition to the
fleet - an aging and multicoloured Volvo 850, which I'm about to
replace hopefully with an all purple one, our MX5, or Jen's Golf. The
850's engine note is very nice indeed.

I'm hoping to see an Aurora at the show, maybe (must reply to Roy
about those, actually).

Richard

--
Tasty Other - Because Far Too Much in Life Makes Sense
Music for download - coming soon (RIP MP3.com)