Hi Wolfgang,

> OK, so get 0.9.52
Version 0.9.52 obtained and installed. QPC runs, slowly, and still gives
repeating characters - but not all the time. It is now workable - sort of.

I notice that if I pause at the keyboard then start typing, I get the
repeats. Pressing ENTER a few times then typing again doesn't give the
repeating keys.

> OK, try it the other way around, just to make sure, - you will find the
> grapgics slowness then, though.
I have tried running in a window and out. Both seem very similar to me.
Some resolutions don't work though, but the ones I like to use ar ok -
for now. The broken ones simply give me a tall windo (taller than it is
wide) and nothing appears. If I change to 600 by 480, for example, I get
my 'wtv 4' windows opened and showing on screen, plus win1_boot executes.

>>> Which Linux are you using (I use Suse).
>> OpenSuse 10.3 and all patches applied up until today!
> OK, same here, so we will get this sorted out!
It is running and workable, as I mentioned, I haven't tried to do any
real work with it yet, but I will be doing soon. A couple of immediate
problems have been found though :

PAUSE 50 - only pauses a very brief time.
PAUSE 60*5 - ditto.

So it loooks like the PAUSE command isn't running very well under WINE.

And, DIR FLP1_ doesn't work - for obvious reasons - The floppy in the
drive will not auto mount even though /etc/fstab says to do so, because
the file system on the floppy is not registered under Linux. The mount
command won't let it be mounted with any known filesystem as our beloved
QL5A file system is not known.

I'm currently researching 'how to write a Linux File System' to allow me
to do something like :

mount -t ql5a /dev/fd0 /media/floppy

Or, even better, as the ql5a file system would be a kernel module, it
should be recognised and auto mounted - which would be better as
specifying a type on the mount command is only permitted by root - even
though /etc/fstab says 'user' as an option.

So far, I have found one reasonable web site on geocities with a small
example of writing a filesystem (but no actual device access!) which I
am currenlty studying.

Maybe, if I can figure it out, I'll be able to get a ql5a file system
module written!

Cheers,
Norman.