I have two identical rigs each one comprising Aurora + Super Gold Card + QuBide all mounted in a Pandora Case with other components - Hard Disk, PSU, Floppy Drive etc. - Until recently, each rig would self start - with no need to select F1 or F2 and each maintained perfect time and date.

However, over the past few days I have noticed that although once they are up and running they still keep perfect time, once switched off, one of them comes back with a random time and date at switch on and the same machine needs F1 or 2 selecting at power up.

The other machine is still working correctly.

I understand that there is a battery on the SGC (although I have never identified it) and I wondered if this behaviour is typical of a battery needing replacing or perhaps something quite else. If it is the battery which is at fault, where do I go or a replacement, about how much do they cost and what do I ask for?

Are they easy to replace or are special tools required?

Can someone please help?

Thanks.

Regards to all.

John Gilpin.