GO BOY GO-LT wrote, On 4/01/10 18:47:

This is "John in Wales" - John Sadler?
Who, what, why is "GO-BOY GO-LT"?
Sounds like an instruction to a Welsh sheepdog (8-)#
Re:
What do others think?
Tony
====================================
It's good to read the contributions on this - but not exactly clear (to me)
what is meant.
This *is* inline. There are '>' character(s), one for each level of reply, in front of quoted text. Some mailers, like my Thunderbird, convert these into coloured vertical lines spanning each section. The colour changes depending on the reply level. Some mailers, and even earlier versions of Thunderbird, gave each block of quoted text a colour, and again different for each quoting level. I preferred that! Thunderbird actually does the vertical spanning lines with html, but offers a choice of text or html when sending. *Always* choose the text option, otherwise others with text only mailers may get mangled emails.
Like the ban on 'binary', there is also a ban on html!

To clear it up, I'm sure it would be much appreciated if Tony could find a minute or two to present and identify a short example - fact or fiction - of
each of the formatting  types mentioned.

I use O/E to the list and other clients elsewhere. I can't quite make sense
of all the comments so far.

Happy if you would oblige Tony,

Look for any message here which appends the "Original email" underneath the reply, and that is what I think should *not* be used.

Yours is formatted as I think we need - ie inline.

If you span text with *text* or /text/ then a lot of mailers, including Thunderbird, will make the spanned text bold or italic respectively.

Tony

--
QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:257/67) +44(0)1442-828255
t...@firshman.co.uk http://firshman.co.uk Voice: +44(0)1442-828254 Fax: +44(0)1442-828255 Skype: tonyfirshman