Tony Firshman wrote:
Dilwyn Jones wrote, On 5/01/10 17:00:
Clever, but better to use Thunderbird.
Although I've never installed Thunderbird, I think it's the program
my son's school suggested he install. He got so frustrated with it
(can't remember why) he uninstalled it and started using Hotmail of
all things instead.
What troubles I wonder?  Mine worked perfectly from day one and
continues to do so.

Tony
I don't really remember why, although I remember him saying it wasn't displaying some of his friends' emails correctly (don't ask me what kinds of emails they were sending him...).

He'd also installed another browser which school suggested and found that didn't display some of the pages of his school website and the homework files he did via the school website didn't display properly. Likewise, he uninstalled that and went back to the M$ offerings for his sins. Probably not the course of action many would suggest, but he seemed happier going back to M$ programs. I wonder if he might have been trying to use out of date versions of the other programs, or not applying the right settings, perhaps.

Just noticed, this OE QuoteFix things is adding an extra > quote mark (or it might be OE adding one on top of what QuoteFix is doing) - something to keep me amused while surrounded by snow I suppose :-(

I like the way it manages to extract the info for adding "Tony Firshman wrote" at the top of the reply, for example. Lots of little touches like that make it a promising add-on for OE. Now I'll just have to take the time to read up on all the facilities!