Andreas Berger wrote, On 5/01/10 16:23:
Am 05.01.2010 17:14 schrieb Ralf Reköndt:
From: "gdgqler"
I put my reply at the end unless, as now, I am replying to specific
points inside the original message.

I have all set in OE, as Tony F. suggested, but sometimes the quote
chars appears, sometimes not. As I have said, OE puts the chars in front
of the original messages, then(!) format the text as set in OE but keeps
the original LFs.

(I have no time to read the complete tread, but...)
You are using <http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/>?

Clever, but better to use Thunderbird.

That sort of kludge reminds me of a "What the customer wanted" and "What the customer got" joke that circulated in Ford in the late 60s. What they wanted was a swing on a branch in a tree. What they got was a swing with one rope on a branch one side of the tree and one rope on a branch on the other side. The tree was supported with scaffolding and the trunk was cut in the middle where the swing went through! Best to get what the customer wants correct at the start of the process (8-)#

Tony

--
QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:257/67) +44(0)1442-828255
t...@firshman.co.uk http://firshman.co.uk Voice: +44(0)1442-828254 Fax: +44(0)1442-828255 Skype: tonyfirshman