Bob Spelten wrote:
Op Wed, 03 Mar 2010 12:21:31 +0100 schreef Tony Firshman <t...@firshman.co.uk>:

I was looking at Qspread, but no-one pointed out that it requires smsq/e
with high colour drivers.

That is to be expected. Most of the JMS stuff is "modern" this way.
I assumed you were already using QPC2 on your applebook.

Another way could be to use the "transfer" option found in Xchange.
You can save a file in DIF format(Data Interchange Format).
This keeps empty rows/columns intact and OpenOffice can read this directly. My test was not successful because all decimals like "19.45" are interpreted as a date, so "3.86" becomes "01-3-1986" but most cell give an error if the integer part was >12. Strangely enough, "28.05" became "28-05-2010"!

I don't know if this is because my O.O. is a Dutch version which expects a decimal comma, I tried to set the language for the cells but after loading the DIF it was reset to "standard".
Or maybe O.O. is interpreting the Xchange output wrong.

Has anyone tried this before?

I have the solution. I wil;l construct an ALTKEY to add the blank filled row and go to th efilename part of the export.
This should work.

Tony