On 23/12/2010 10:39, gdgqler wrote:
I have the latest version of Qprint, it does seem to pop up sharper.
I only seem to have one font that I can use though (Currier), probably due to
the Lexmark printer,unless I'm missing something, I have the fonts that came
with Qprint in the same directory as QPC and Qprint.
I've have been looking at Epson SX series ( ink cost per page are about a third
of the Lexmark) Kodak even less.

Wondered if anyone had any experience of these printers

I owned a Lexmark for a short time. It came with a PC laptop. When I said I
didn't want the printer I was told that there would not be a reduction in the
price of the laptop so I kept the printer. I managed to print a few pages,
using QPCPrint (is this the same as Qprint?), but after a few days the printer
just stopped printing. I now use a Canon copier, i-sensys MF4120. This prints
black and white and works well with QPCPrint. I use Archive and Perfection
mainly for producing the output.

George

Thanks for the reply George, Yes QPrint = QPCPrint and Lee - Currier for Courier courtesy of Thunderbird spell checker and frozen brain

my Lexmark (all in one dodah) was a present to my wife for her laptop and being Wi-Fi has been very good and used on her laptop and my PC, but the cost of ink bugs me (alternatives seem unavailable too).
Does the Canon support the fonts supplied with QPCPrint?

I have an Epson Stylus 740 languishing in the loft that would be just fine but my desk is in the living room and has to be up to muster and ticatyboo to stay there, so room on it is limited hence the preference for an all in one with Wi-Fi that could sit some place else

I'll have a look at Canon stuff (I've had on before ), I have ink use cost on a spreadsheet, might expand on it and mail or submit.

Thanks again - Bill