In most languages this is normally a programmers preference.  Some people
like the open braces to be at the end of a line with the close brace being
on at the end of the line that closes the block.  Others (myself included)
prefer to put the opening brace on the next line by itself that the start of
block is more clearly isolated and then the closing brace also on its own
line lined up with the opening brace.  You also get hybrid answers.   That
is probably why the C "indent" program was produced so that you can process
an existing source file to suit your own layout preferences.

Dave Walker

Tel:  +44 (0)1707 652791
Mob: +44 (0)7999 218953
Web: http://www.itimpi.com