Hi George,

> The hit routine is called by PE in many cases. For example the manual says
> "If there is no keystroke, or the keystroke is not the selection keystroke
> for a loose menu item or an application sub-window, then, if the pointer is
> within a sub-window, the hit routine is called, or else the loose menu item
> list is searched to find a new current item". F1 causes an event and so will
> cause the hit routine to be called.
I presume this means that the F1 (or TAB) keystrokes are causing a HIT
when the key is pressed and then another HIT when the event is raised?
Although I'm not sure which event might be being raised for the TAB key.

> Commenting out WM_SWAPP is not a good idea. When I tried this program, or
> something very like it, HIT appeared in the main window. However, accessing
> the application window by a selection key caused HIT to appear in the
> application window. Obviously, the PE redefines the window area depending on
> where it finds the pointer.
Well, in my example, if the pointer is outside of the sub-window,
nothing happens to call the HIT code regardless. It's only a HIT when
the pointer is within the sub-window area, or I press TAB to activate
the sub-window.

> You have to use WM_SWAPP
No problem.

>> 2. If I have two or more sub-windows, does the channel id, by default,
>> point at the first - I haven't tested this yet - If I don't call WM_SWAPP?
> No
Again, no problem.

Thanks for your help, as ever.

Cheers,