From: ql-users-boun...@lists.q-v-d.com
[mailto:ql-users-boun...@lists.q-v-d.com] On Behalf Of Plastic
Sent: 07 February 2011 14:30
To: ql-us...@q-v-d.com
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] USBWiz Driver Update

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 8:24 AM, Adrian Ives <adr...@acanthis.co.uk> wrote:

> Actually I think that's a shame, Peter.  I know there are technical
> and performance issues with going the MDV emulation route, maybe even
> insurmountable ones, but it had that kind of "Wow Factor" about it.  I
> imagined it as the microdrive version of the Hxc Floppy Drive Emulator.
>
> But, anyway, if there was already an expansion bus (or ROM port)
> connected SD card interface then I wouldn't be pursuing the Ser-USB
> project, which was really the point I was making about product demand.

It is trivial to design a SD card "carrier" that fits in the microdrive
slots. The harder part is designing the interface, which is what I believe
Peter has done. Peter has taken the capacity of SDHC cards and decided that
them acting like HDs is better than them acting like microdrives, but this
is separate from physically placing them in the microdrive slots - which is
quite feasible as a simple adaption of what he has done.

Peter, would you be interested in letting your interface use a SDHC carrier
that fits in the MDV slot, if someone else designs/builds it?

Dave