Ah yes, Elite... I struggled with that a little bit. It was a defining game
that really altered the future course of gaming. I spent many hours on my
friend's BBC model B trying to get the hang of it. On the one hand it was a
trading game, and on the other, a 3D space combat game that was accurate
enough to be a "sim"...

Was it written in 6502 assembly, or BBC BASIC V?

Dave