gdgqler wrote:
>> I'm looking for a function to use in S*BASIC that will tell me if the
>> display driver is capable of providing resolutions greater than the QL's
>> mode 4 & 8 defaults - it would be enough just to know if the display driver
>> is GD2 or not.  It has to run on any QL system, including clones and
>> emulators.  Can anyone help?
> I look to see if WM_BLOCK is a valid keyword. If so then I assume that GD2
> colours are there.

Many things are mixed up here. WM_BLOCK is WMAN2, which I've developed
a long time after GD2 has seen the light.

Also, higher resolutions were available long before GD2 came out. GD2
is only necessary for higher *colour depths*.

I think the PE was necessary for higher resolutions, so you can test
for that first. Afterwards IOP.FLIM should be able to find the screen
limits.

Marcel