On 03/03/11 15:26, Dilwyn Jones wrote:
> Count me in too! Couldn't have written display_cde and other bits and
> pieces without your articles.
THREE!!!!!!
That's a 50% increase in readers since yesterday!
Statistics - 86% are made up! ;-)

Do you still use DJToolkit then? A lot of good stuff went into that one!

I was clearing out some stuff just last week and found a ROM with DJTK
on it. Shame I can't plug it in to QPC! ;-)

> I originally learned from Andy Pennell's books.
Yes, me too.

> I still use the old
> Computer One assembler despite having planned to learn to use Gwass or
> Gwasl several times - lack of time etc (excuses, excuses).
GWASL is simple:

1. Configure. (Once!)

2. EX gwasl_bin.
3. Press 1. Start Assembling.
4. Type ASM file name.
5. Press ENTER.

That's it. Output file is whatever the source was called with _bin
instead of _asm. Listing and errors go to _lst and the symbol table to _SYM.

The only problem I have with gwasl is slightly irritating - if I'm
looking at the errors in the _LST file, and I fix the _ASM file, when I
try to re-assemble, I just get beeped at. Other than that, I use it for
all my assembling - even though I paid for QMAC, QMAC upgrades and QMAKE.

Cheers,
Norman.

--
Norman Dunbar