From: ql-users-boun...@lists.q-v-d.com [ql-users-boun...@lists.q-v-d.com] on
behalf of Lee Privett [lee.priv...@gmail.com]
Sent: 13 March 2011 09:41
To: ql-us...@q-v-d.com
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] Ser-USB on Minerva

Absolutely

Lee
- Back to the QL-
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Norman Dunbar
  To: ql-users@lists.q-v-d.com
  Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2011 9:21 AM

  On 12/03/11 17:20, Dave Park wrote:

  > I just want to repeat that the idea of an FPGA-based QL is not mine and
  > belongs to Peter Graf - the only reason I found it necessary to mention his
  > project was to establish that he has already done some work on a project of
  > this type - informally.

  As a non-hardware person - I don't (yet) understand electronics, and
  from the sidelines, should we (as a group) not therefore be helping
  Peter to finish his kit rather than talking/thinking about another?

  Are we a community?

  Just a thought. It's perfectly possible that Peter may not want any
  help, but surely we could ask/offer where we are willing and have the
  skills?

 As a hardware guy, I would say the FPGA route is the way forward. Costs will
continually drop and speed will increase. The VHDL design will be transportable
to newer and faster FPGA's and is therefore future proof. One possible boot up
mode could be classic QL with Trump card and simulated floppies (SD). Video
output could be DVI. I really hope Peter could do this.

Cheers
Malcolm