From: "Urs Koenig (QL)" <q...@bluewin.ch>
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2011 3:47 PM
To: <ql-us...@q-v-d.com>
Subject: [Ql-Users] QL Today (two meanings)

Hi all,

Yesterday I've got my personal copy of QL Today which is great. I like the
cover and Geoff's review of Volume 15 which both show what has been achieved
in the passed QL year.

Thanks for the compliment. When I started my (statistical) research on what we had achieved during volume 15, I had no idea what was going to be in the editorial, but soon discovered the relevant issues just sprang out.

I want to use the opportunity to say a couple of things about QL Today:

This time we did not post the magazine from Austria and so were not bound to a deadline. As I was away for a week at the beginning of June we took rather longer that normal to produce the magazine. This means the deadline for the next issue, which we shall be producing to a deadline, is shorter than usual - just over 5 weeks time. We do not have an enormous amount on file and if anyone who has purchased the SER-USB interface would like to do a short review, it will be welcome.

The second thing is for those people who are not QL Today readers. All subscribers to volume 16 will receive a free DVD of the complete QL Today archive. That's sixteen years for the price of one!

Best Wishes,

Geoff