Thanks Dilwyn.

Above is the latest info I have. Took the info from http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/pe/index.html
Yes, I did have a look via Google, but I should have known to go straight to your site for anything QL related. :-)
Hmmm. Going to my QL site is one thing. Finding something on there is another matter unless you have a few days to search (although the custom search engine does a reasonable job).

Unfortunately, I asked the wrong question!
Did you? It seemed like a reasonable request...

What I meant to ask, and failed miserably, was:

Is there a generic product version for the Pointer Environment? Similar to when I purchased the QPTR Toolkit many years ago, that came as version x.xx and included two versions of "the other files" PE and WMAN.
AFAIK, no, although I'm sure Marcel would tell us if there is.

Personally, I've always thought of such a version number as the ptr_gen number. But then, that does not necessarily equate to the SMSQ/E equivalent.

It would be interesting to use something like the extensions in display_cde to check the versions of ptr_gen and wman in QDOS and SMSQ/E and whether there is any correlation between them.

I'm interested in the overall version of the PE as a product as opposed to the separate parts - PE and WMAN (and HOT Keys).
Over to Marcel or Wolfgang...

My apologies for being an idiot, I can't help it! ;-)
I seem to remember you saying something like that when you wrote the Idiot's Guide to Pointer Environment, referring to yourself as the "idiot" then too.

Keep up the good work!