On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 6:39 AM, Marcel Kilgus <ql-us...@mail.kilgus.net> wrote:
> Adrian Ives wrote:
>> I have sent the most recent sources to Peter Graf just a few minutes ago.
>>
>> The code may be placed in the public domain, but it is up to Peter how
>> he wishes to move forward with it. I regret that I cannot offer any
>> support with the drivers as I am moving on to other projects, but the
>> code is very well documented.
>
> Just curious, what is left to do?
>
> It's a bit of a pity because while the Ser-USB was a none starter for
> me because of the painfully slow serial ports a faster and integrated
> solution like QL-SD project did have some appeal, even for me
> (depending on the price of course).
>
> Of course, no idea if any hardware development for the QL could ever
> be commercially successfully nowadays, but it might have made for a
> nice KickStarter project to gauge real interest.
>
> Marcel

Having worked it out myself for my own projects, I know they'd never
be "commercially successful" but I also know I don't have a business
to run and overheads, so for companies like Memory Lane, it's even
harder.

That doesn't mean it won't happen, but it does mean someone's going to
be investing more than they could possibly make.

Dave