I'm late to the party again!

I use these http://www.5quidhost.co.uk/ who will give you a whole heap of "stuff" for £5.00 per month, discounted by paying a year in advance.

Support is excellent, emails enquiries are promptly answered, servers are UK based in the main.

They have a free setup, £5 per month and £10 per month. You can install anything (legally!) you wish when you have set up your account.

My own web site (http://qdosmsq.dunbar-it.co.uk) is hosted on a no-longer available plan costing less that £5 but I'm serioulsy considering upgrading due to the amount of "stuff" that now lives on my host server. This is mainly thanks to George updating the QDOS/SMSQ stuff on my web site.

For £5 you get 1,000 MB disc, and an infinite number of the following:

Email accounts, MySQL databases, Add on domains, sub-domains, FTP accounts (including, if I'm not mistaken SFTP) and unlimited bandwidth.

There is also a packaged installer in your control panel, where you can download backups of your entire site, databases, etc, Install numerous blogs, forums (fora), Content Management Systems, E-commerce, etc - over 200 different applications are supplied included in the price. (Some of these are not available on the free hosting though, that has other limits too)

One of the CMS systems is TYPO3, which is, as far as I remember, the very one used by Quanta.

I'm only a happy customer, not involved with these people at all.

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Norman Dunbar