Dave Walker wrote, on 9/Jan/13 12:05 | Jan9:

Dave/
Regarding the USB, then yes the newer Pi's can back-power through their
standard USB ports.
If you have an older Pi with polyfuses on the USB ports, then the easiest thing
to do is the 'PiPass' mod which connects the +ve and Ground
wires of the micro USB and normal USB together on the Pi itself.

Yes I noticed they had decided the std USB ports could provide more power.
I presume one shorts the three polyfuses as well.

Do you have a link to the mod? Googling fails, although there are *plenty* of references to it. It will save me back-engineering the connector pins.

Tony
--
       t...@firshman.co.uk     http://firshman.co.uk
Voice: +44(0)1442-828254 Fax: +44(0)1442-828255 Skype: tonyfirshman