Interesting listening to Jeremy Vine program on radio 2 and the arguments about "sissy" teachers and closed schools and all that (I >didn't agree with most of the
views expressed I hasten to add).

I've worked in a school(none teaching) for the last 11 years or so and only had 3 to 4 days off due to snow in all that time. I think the main trouble is that most teachers live many miles away from the school while most pupils can walk in, which would leave a building full of unsupervised kids. I think but I'm not sure in that a school has
to have a minimum amount of teachers in per pupils in school.

Pete
I agree with you.

There's also the point that as more and more small local schools close, schools nowadays tend to have larger catchment areas than a few decades ago. So people who say they used to brave the weather to struggle to school (like I used to in my youth in the 1960s) ain't quite taking into account the facts that schools tend to be bigger, less local and of course we tend to travel further to work these days too.

Dilwyn