>> It does seem, in this day and age, as if Minerva should be considered a
>> base system, and the use of QDOS should be deprecated.
>
>Hear hear, that's what I've tried to sell for years now ;-) I cannot
>think of any single reason to not use Minerva, except perhaps the fear
>of killing the keyboard membrane when opening the QL.

Surely Minerva (together with Hermes and new keyboard membrane), is a MUST HAVE
upgrade for EVERY plain QL (maybe switcheable to MG ROM for better
compatibility with old games not running on Minerva).
Moreover, Minerva, Hermes and keyboard membrane are reproduceable and easily
obtaineable. Not the Gold/SuperGold Card, which is needed for SMSQ/E.
In the beginning, I was happy to see Pointer Environment running on a plain
68008 QL with Minerva.