>Small packet is anything up to 2kg. No steps. Costs 8,20 EUR ...
>not an optional at all.

Weird.
We have steps for international shipments in the Czech Republic:
Plain shipment (EU, outside EU / priority, economy) upto 20, 50, 10, 250, 500
g, 1 kg, 2 kg.
Recommended shipment (EU, outside EU / priority, economy) upto 20, 50, 10, 250,
500 g, 1 kg, 2 kg.
Registered letter  (EU, outside EU / priority, economy) upto 20, 50, 10, 250,
500 g, 1 kg, 2 kg.

Weight of usual QL Today issue is unknown to me, so I cannot calculate the
price.
E.g. European country, priority recommended shipment, 100 g, is about 2.8 EUR.
Non-european country, economy recommended shipment, 50 g, is about 2.4 EUR.
European country, priority registered letter, 100 g, is about 3,8 EUR.
See tables at http://www.ceskaposta.cz/assets/nastroje/kompletni_cenik.pdf
page 43 - plain shipment (first table), page 44 - recommended shipment (first
table), registered letter (last table)
24 Kč being 1 EUR, no V.A.T.

There is also "press bag", but this applies to whole bag of magazines, not for
single sheets.

But I understand, that the postage is not the main problem.