Morning Marcel,

On 30/05/13 00:19, Marcel Kilgus wrote:

Actually that work has already been done, TT had QMON running over a
serial link for ages, I've heard stories of him debugging a system in
a different country over a slow modem link!

I had heard that one myself, but it was long long ago. I didn't realise that the code still existed!

Much much later I got the sources and adapted them for QPC, where QMON
is waiting for a telnet connection instead. This was so late in the
game that the only time I think I really used it was for work on the
screen driver, probably the background drawing stuff. I will make this
available when I come around to it.

Does this mean that it is actually possible to telnet to a running QPC and do some debugging? That would be useful as I have currently got a utility (LibGen) that is trashing QPC when I ESC from the program. I wouldn't mind trying to debug it when it has hung, to see if I can figure out what/where it is broken.

I run JMON when QPC is not hung, and that's not popping up with any exceptions caused by my code, which means I've got a rogue pointer somewhere I suspect!

Speaking of which, my system is still somewhat in disarray while a
specialized company is trying to rescue the contents of my dead SSD,
which is a somewhat long and expensive process. I've only lost a few
hours of work regarding QPC that I could do again if need be, but I
hope I don't need to. Stay tuned.

Good luck on that. I know from past (work) experience that getting lost data off a dead disc is expensive!

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Norman Dunbar