Per Witte schreef op 24/09/2013 19:09:
On 24 September 2013 18:38, Per Witte <pjwi...@online.no> wrote:

Great DVD! Nice last read! I particularly enjoyed Marcel's piece on how
QPC came to be. Thanks for that.

Now its over, mainly due to the lack of copy and readers, which in turn is
probably due to much reduced activity. For my part, I stopped contributing
due to the almost total lack of feedback. You spend hours of free time on
something, doing your best to make it relevant, intelligible and enjoyable,
and then pour it into a black hole. Pointless. In my case, it was probably
the QL-community telling me to shut up and take up knitting instead; in the
case of Norman and others, perhaps it was merely the silence of eager
anticipation. The problem is it is virtually impossible to tell the
difference! Duh! In a commercial environment feedback is amply provided in
terms of profit/loss (and complaints), however on the free/open/voluntary
scene it is much harder to tell whether more of the same is wanted,
correction is needed, or whether its time to change tack. I think that this
laziness(?) is one of the reasons for our rapid demise.

Thanks to those who persevered for so long! Goodbye QLToady!

Per

PS I havent put QPC v4.00 though its paces yet. At the moment all I can say
is that it just works! I think it was a splendid initiative to make it
generally available (at least to all QLT readers). I hope we'll see a whole
bunch of new QPCers come crawling and blinking out of the microdrive
undergrowth and into the light to see what the fuss has been about these
past 17 years. Perhaps therell be a mini-renaissance?

So, heres a welcome gift to new and old QPCers:

1 REMark Minimise Button
2 REMark pjwitte Sep 2013
3 :
4 REPeat loop: BUTTON_WAIT "MINIMISE",,,2: BEEP 2,2: QPC_MINIMIZE
5 :
Compile and include in your boot program with EX <path>Minimise_exe. If the
Button frame is active itll put itself there. It requires Qmenu
(menu_rext), a commercial proram by JMS, also included with many commercial
PE programs from JMS and others. A must-have in the PE world.

Per

Hi Per,

Thank you for that oneliner ... but shouldn't the compiled prog be Minimise_obj (QLib) or Minimise_task (turbo) instead of Minimise_exe. Lack of feedback? You can't expect hunderds of feedbacks from a community of a few tens of persons, can you?

This is the first reaction to your prog, I am sure others will follow.

François Van Emelen