Adrian,

Please do not be offended.

We are developing revised hardware and we want to use a known working
driver following the "only change one thing at a time" rule. Once we have
the hardware 100%, we want to make some driver revisions to do with
initializing devices. We have as a design goal that the new IDE interface
is 100% software compatible with the original QubIDE, so the new driver can
be applied to original QubIDEs also.

Once that is done, those changes can be applied to either driver.

At this time, QubIDE has an extremely mature and tested driver. The QL-SD
driver contains a lot of new code. We're being conservative. When QL-SD is
in a lot of peoples' hands, we'll see how it handles the different needs
and systems it's in. Then, we'll happily consider it.

Dave

Dave Park
Sandy Electronics, LLC
d...@sinclairql.com