I think SQL* would be something useful to bring to the QL.

I do not have an answer to your unicode question, but I do have a question
of my own.

Where does the QL stand on the matter of ports? I don't know how well the
TCP/IP stack supports ports on the QL and those are somewhat essential for
talking with the database.

If the QL is going to have ethernet and have useful web browsers, DNS
resolvers, etc and now possibly SQLite, it would be good to see TCP/IP
features better integrated with the OS.

Dave

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 7:56 AM, Derek Stewart <de...@q40.de> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I had a look at the SQLite3 source code last year to the view of porting
> it to the QL.
>
> There is a single file with all the source code amalgamated, which
> causes problems with C68 compilation. But there is other source code
> files with separate files split into a source code tree.
>
> SQLite3 uses Unicode in its compilation. I was pondering over, does the
> QL system need Unicode.
>
> I do not think there is a Unicode Library for C68, so maybe porting
> SQLite without Unicode would be OK.
>
> This as a while back, I was overtaken by more pressing things, however,
> since I am not working anymore, due to early retirement, I will look
> into the possibility of porting SQLite without Unicode.
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Derek

Dave Park