Hi Dave,

> I have been presented with two good contenders for an ethernet solution for
> the QL. There might be others; I am open to suggestions and may add more to
> the list.

I suggest the CP2200. It is the easiest to solder, least pins,
smallest, simple connection to the QL bus. More importantly, it is
already used on the Q68.

> Please read the data sheets and form an opinion about which would perform
> better on a QL at 7.5MHz or a SGC system at 25 MHz.

I think connectivity is the point, not performance. Whatever
increases likelihood of completing the project - especially the
software side - should be the favorite.

That depends more on the work that has already been done, and the
software developers who do the work.

Peter