On 17/07/15 20:53, pjwitte wrote:
On 17/07/2015 17:27, François Van Emelen wrote:
Op 17/07/2015 om 11:38 schreef peterfox:
Hi Marcel,

I have had another look on C: and it is not obvious. Any
Suggestions, please?

How can one create a larger QXL.Win, please?

TIA & Regards

Peter
Hi,

I suppose you need the instructions to format a 'win'.
The manual says:

WIN_FORMAT 1 Allow WIN1_ to be formatted
FORMAT WIN1_10 Create a 10 Megabyte WIN device on C:
... you have to echo the two characters displayed ...
WIN_FORMAT 1,0 protect WIN1_ again against unwanted formatting
As far as I know you can't modify to size of a 'QXL.WIN' you have to
create a larger (or
smaller) one and copy your files.
Hope this helps.
Have a nice day.

François Van Emelen

<SNIP>

Yes, but make sure youre not formatting your boot drive! ;)

Per

Hi,

In Windows 8, users (even administrators) are not allowed to create files in the C drive root directory, otherwise, an error message like “A required privilege is not held by the client” or “access is denied” will be prompted.

To fix it, just turn off the User Account Control (UAC). In Windows 8, do not turn off the UAC via control panel, it must go through the registry.

Or create file, i.e. QXL.WIN files in your user area and change the Devices deintion in the QPC2 startup.

Regards,

Derek