Just type the WIN_FORMAT and FORMAT commands into BASIC in QPC, like any other
BASIC command. The FORMAT command is just the hard disk version of the normal
FORMAT command. The '10' is just the size in megabytes, so if you want a
QXL.WIN of size 100MB instead of a 10MB one, you would use FORMAT WIN1_100.

The other command someone suggested (WIN_FORMAT) is just a command which
enables and disables the formatting of a QXL.WIN. The authors included that
because otherwise it was too easy to acceidentally reformat the wrong QXL.WIN,
that’s all.

Full details are in the QPC manual - you can download it from Marcel's website
at http://www.kilgus.net/qpc/downloads.html

That manual downloads as a PDF file you can view in Windows with just about any
PDF viewer such as the Adobe PDF reader for example.

If you want a more complete SMSQ/E manual (the whole of SBASIC, not just the
QPC bit), try this one, available in several formats including a PDF file, in
the section called “SMSQ/E Manual” near the bottom of the page:

http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/docs/ebooks/index.html

On a slight tangent, for people wanting to copy files between large media like
QXL.WIN and wanting to ensure you have the latest copies of files on both
media, try my SYNC program at http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/files/index.html . This
“synchronises” files between two media (whole disks or just individual
directories), taking dates into account, ensuring the latest versions of files
on both media. I wrote it myself in QL BASIC, so anyone familiar with QL BASIC
should be able to tweak it for their own needs. Because I sometimes work from a
desktop PC, sometimes from a netbook PC, I find it handy to make sure any
changes made on either machine are kept up to date on the other more or less
automatically without me having to remember which files I need to copy from
which machine to which.

Dilwyn Jones