On 1 August 2015 12:33:45 BST, peterfox <peter...@cix.co.uk> wrote:
>Morning Norman,
>
>In the midst of all my other problems, I finally had a go at Winback
>this morning but have run into a problem.
>
>I have changed the FLP1_ in line 1070  to win1_  and I get a not found
>error.  I have also tried "win1_winback_" and " " but still get the
>same
>error.
>
>Can you help please?
>
>I am running QPC2 on Windows 8 and have managed to produce a much
>larger QXL file. The next problem is to get any further.
>
>TIA & Regards,
>
>Peter Fox
>

>On 17.07.2015 19:57, Norman Dunbar wrote:
>> Evening all.
>>
>> If you he'd over to Dilwyn's  Web repository of all that is good in
>> the QL World, and download my old Winback program, you can create a
>> new hard drive file as win2,  then set the clock and make a full
>> backup of your current win1. Winback will set the win2 file dates etc
>> exactly as per the original files on win1.
>>
>> HTH.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Norm.
>>
>> On 17 July 2015 18:33:59 BST, Michael Bulford
>> <michaelbulf...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>>Hi Peter,

>>>QXL.win
>>>partitions, please?
>>>
>>>I've had this problem myself.  What I did was to create another
>>> QXL.win
>>>file,
>>>formatted it to a much higher capacity, then copied all the files
>>>across.
>>>To preserve the original dates, I used ...
>>>
>>>      COPY a$ TO b$
>>>      SET_FUPDT \b$, FUPDT(\a$)
>>>
>>>Michael

Hi Peter,

I'm assuming that you are referring to the boot file? I'd so then there should
be a win back_exe on the same device as the boot file that you are running.

There should also be an extensions file that is loaded first before the
executable is exec'd.

You need to look at the line that had flp in it and check that device for all
the files that are LBYTES, LRESPR or EXEC'd from that device. They should all
be present.

When downloaded from Dilwyn's Web site I think it is set to run from flp1. If
you have saved it to win,  then change flp to win. If you saved it to win1_xyz
then change flp to win1_xyz. Etc.

HTH

Cheers,
Norm.
--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity and any
"auto corrections" that are just wrong!