Ralf Reköndt wrote:
> Ah, a good idea. I have elsewhere on disk a Minerva (not the latest version)
> which was patched by Martin Berndt with german key layout (not so
> important), with b/w colours of #1 and #2 (also not so important) but with
> autostart at F1, not F2 (a bit more important).

Ah right, that is annoying, too.

I haven't tried it yet, but looking at the source there is a byte at
address $042F in the ROM. Currently it's $08 and the meaning is
documented in the source:

*       bit(s)  value   meaning
*       0       0       do the full memory test
*               1       skip the memory test for a quick reset
*       1       0       scan rom slots
*               1       skip the rom slots, unexpand the m/c
*       2       0       normal establishment of memory size
*               1       take the upper memory limit below as gospel!
*       3       0       monitor mode
*               1       tv mode
*       4       0       wait for f1-f4 selection
*               1       skip the f1-f4 selection
*       5-6     0..3    extend supervisor stack by 0K, 8K, 16K or 24K
*       7       0       set single screen
*               1       set dual screens
*       8-13    0..63   extra blocks of 64k between last screen and system vars
*       14-31           upper limit on memory (0 = no limit)
* (Note that the top bits of d1 are unlikely to ever make sense as memory!)

One could for example patch a $11 into it to get
- skip memory test
- monitor mode
- no wait for F1/F2 (actually there will still be a tiny wait of 32ms,
  so keys can still be pressed)

Use any hex editor to change.

Marcel