Dilwyn Jones wrote:
> Dare I say it (I can live in hope) that such documentation might one day
> help us get some form off IDE (a development environment) for better Basic
> program development. ED and even using a text editor is absolutely fine, but
> when it comes to developing the larger BASIC programs I do sometimes feel we
> are in need of some form of integrated development environment.

QD is probably best suited for Basic development on SMSQ/E as support
for it is integrated into the OS in form of the SBAS/QD thing. The
program can be started simply by pressing F10 and when there is an
error the editor directly jumps to the line.
Also it has features to add/remove and sort line numbers, but with QD
one usually simply doesn't use line numbers.

Of course a real IDE also has support for debugging, but debugging on
the QL is always a pain, no matter the language.

Marcel