On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 21:08:31, Per Witte <pjwi...@online.no> wrote:

    > Thats a nice solution. Not sufficient for all manner of keywords, though.
    > more general solution for checking for relevant toolkits in boot programs,
    > without having to load a toolkit to do so can be found in this article:
    > http://www.hunggartorino.it/ql/findkey/ (also available in Italian!)

Hi Per, I cannot get the above link to work.  It says not found.

    On Thu, 17 Aug 2017, 16:54:32, Duncan  <matras...@aol.com> wrote:

    Hi Lee, If booting from a Win drive  on the first instance of needing to
load the Turbo toolkit check for the     existence of a file on the boot device
called "TTKLoaded", or similar. If the file does not exist create it and
load TurboTK. If the file is found to exist do not load the toolkit. At the end
of the session tidy up the boot     device by deleting this file. Not elegant
but practical.

Hi Duncan,

But what if during the session the QL crashes?  The TTKLoaded file will remain
on the Win drive, and the next time the QL session is started, it won't work
properly.  A nice idea though.  Another way of doing this is to use environment
variables, which I use myself.  The details are here:
http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/tk/env.zip

Michael