On 26/07/2018 14:50, Jan Bredenbeek via Ql-Users wrote:

What we really need, is a new file system! :)

I like the way DOS_DRIVE/NFA_DRIVE work in QPC2/SMSQmulator. You can "root" the device DOS/NFA anywhere in the host's filing system. The result is transparent to the rest of the system. This would be a way forward for any new filing system: The old (current) way of doing things could just be a hooked to the new in a similar way. Any old software would just continue to use the old system. On the emulators weve basically got a new file system already. "All" it would take would be for it to be better integrated into SMSQ/E and "one" should perhaps devise a new way to deal with that extra info that goes into the QDOS file header. Finally, to top it off, a hardware version should be made for any "hardware QLs" that can run SMSQ/E and a real harddisk.

Pinch me! Its not going to happen, is it?

Per
On 26 July 2018 at 13:24, Marcel Kilgus via Ql-Users <