on dbas manual i've found an alternative description of the header..

   Type  Length   Name      Contents
   2     -        LENGTH    File Length
   1     -        TYPE      File access *256+ file type
   2     -        DATA      Dataspace size - EXECutable type
   2     -        OFFSET    GST Linker "OFFSET" value
   0     36 char  NAME$     File name
   2     -        UPDATE    Update date
   1     -        VERSION%  Version number
   1     -        FILE%     File number
   2     -        BACKUP    Backup date (not used)

I'm more and more confused…. :-(

Giorgio