In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Richard
Walker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>At 22:38 29/01/01 +0100, you wrote:
>>Hello,
>>
>>I use a QL w / Trump Card. Unfortunately, I am not able to create
>>subdirectories. After using the TK2 command make_dir "flp1_test" the
>>error message "wrong parameter" shows up. The command "DIR flp1_" shows
>>a file "test" afterwards, but no subdirectory was created. However, the
>>command is listed after entering  "extras".
>>
>>What is wrong. Might it be the TK2 version?
>>
>>I do appreciate your help.
>>
>>Martin
>
>Hi Martin,
>This rings a bell with me. I have one of those Trump Cards myself, though
>not currently in use. I seem to recall that this version will recognise sub
>directories which have been created on another system with (for example) a
>Gold Card or SuperGold Card, but it cannot itself make these structures on
>a locally connected disc. If you were to network the Trump Card machine to
>a QL with (Super)Gold Card the Trump machine would be able to make/delete
>and generally use the "hard" subdirectories on the other machine's disc. I
>used it that way for a while before upgrading the two machines to SuperGold.
I seem to recall this is something to do with level one and level two
drivers. Earlier versions of the Trump card had only level one drivers
and later versions had the level two one which allowed the user to make
sub directories. I also seem to recall that this was brought in from
another system (maybe the Atari). Not at all sure about the details
because it was a long time ago.
--

Roy Wood
Q Branch