On 1 Feb 2001, at 5:41, Phoebus Dokos wrote:

> Indeed we are a Broad Church (and thank you for bringing back the old
> meaning of Church) nevertheless, IMHO people that do not need new software
> or hardware do not contribute at all in the evolution of our platform.
> Change is a product of involvement and when you just don't care nothing
> exciting happens (Ok maybe something happens... look at the recent US
> elections ;-) hehe )

Hopefully you're not suggesting we should use that as an
example...:-)

I agree that  tjose who never nuy any new programs etc are not
helping the QL evolve
Some are just content with what they have.

> The problem IMHO is that in the case of program development, no interest
> means no support.
> And no support of one program for a more sofisticated machine like the
> Q40/60 means less ppl that are interested in that program will be likely to
> buy this platform. It's a vicious circle unfortunately, and IMHO (again) it
> can be broken only at the developer level.

I'm not so sure. If the users show enthusiasm, the software
developers may do more. I think that Marcel wouldn't have done
QPC2 if he hadn't had much feedback from all concerned.

Wolfgang