P Witte wrote:
> QPC2:
>             CreatSurface(GetDesktopMode) failed
>             Error code: (and this I found particularly rude:) 887600e1.

Well, unfortunately there is no function which translates error
codes into readable text. And there are hundreds of them. 887600e1
is a DirectDraw error, meaning "Operation requires the application to
have exclusive mode but the application does not have exclusive
mode."

The strange thing on this is, that I do not need exclusive mode for
this call. It's against the specifications. I even think it would be
wrong to acquire exclusive mode. I'll think of a solution.

> I started QPC up in QL-colour mode. The program that always obliterates QPC
> in full-colour mode worked fine! but JMON 0 didnt get much further:  instead
> of nuking QPC, as it does in full-colour mode, it merely snuffs it real
> quiet, like.

W2K you said. I'll test it on one of these. Can only be the illegal
address handler. But I can't think of a reason why it should act like
that.

> It may well be that my PC is screwed;

Unfortunately this is more often the case than one might think.

> I can live without almost anything but JMON * What do you need to
> know, exactly?

I'll tell you as soon as I had a look at this stuff. May take some
days, though.

Marcel