Peter Graf wrote:
>>QPC does have all that, too. Isn't that amazing?
> IIRC QPC has not. For example try an old program that directly accesses the
> QL screen.

Does work if you actually are in 512x256 mode.

> Yes, but there was also another effect. My impression is that QPC supported
> the transition of QL users to Windows. Once they were on Windows, most made
> Windows their major platform. Just like you.

No, like many people I did head for the PC platform anyway. QPC was my
attempt to bring the QL back, not the other way round. I did it just
for myself, originally (and because some really good people I admire
told me "that's far too difficult, you can't do this"). I wasn't
expecting the feedback I got, I had to deny sales requests almost with
my fists when I presented a very early version for the first time. It
ran an unmodified Minerva, BTW.

> QPC is already a good emulator. You could leave it as is and write QL stuff
> in the time you save :-)))

I think I'll stick with QPC ;-) It's fun. But I have seriously
considered some developments which would be very useful for the Q40 as
well. However, it's too early to talk about that.

> With your excellent SMSQ/E knowledge, that would IMHO give the whole
> QL community enormous progress.

My knowledge actually isn't /that/ good. I've just the advantage to be
able to just look things up I don't know.

Marcel